Tutorials

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Catherine's Canvas

Hi All! A while ago our 12 year old grand daughter wanted to learn how to draw girls faces for some mixed media canvas like I was doing, so when she came to spend the weekend with us a couple of weeks ago she brought her sketch book and showed me her girl she had drawn.  We scanned it into the computer ,cleaned it up, enlarged it and printed it out to fit on her canvas. She colored her girl with prisma pencils and cut her out. The canvas she painted with some acrylic paint and then tore some pieces of patterned paper and glued them on. After that was done she lightly brushed white paint over the whole thing. We then found some texture paste and a flower stencil and made the flower in the corner. I then let her pick whatever embellishments from my stash , she did a little stamping, we printed the saying out on the computer she cut around them sponged them and glued them on. I am very proud of her I think she did a fantastic job and am really looking forward to her next project and spending some more crafting time with her.  Thanks for stopping by Val   

No comments:

Post a Comment